Classes are over and summer is knocking out on your door, but there is still one thing you have to do before you can enjoy the warm rays of the sun… take your finals. Yes, they suck and we all hate them, but they are the only things keeping you from those hot days by the beach, so listen to these study tips to make sure you pass your finals this semester.
- Don’t do all of your studying in one night. Cramming usually won’t help you. Yes, there are those miracle people who can look at the material just one time the day of the exam and do the best out of everyone in the class, but more often than not, this won’t get you a good grade. Spend at least 20 minutes a day the week before the exam reviewing the material.
- Have all your study material out and ready to review, that means all textbooks, notes, worksheet, etc.
- Take short breaks often. No, that does not mean getting on Netflix. Instead, take a 5-10 minute snack break or take a quick walk around the neighborhood.
- If you do choose to study in a group, only study with those who take the class seriously. Studying in a huge group with your friends will most likely lead to just hanging out and chatting rather than studying.
- Don’t eat while you study, it is more distracting than you think.
- Have someone else test you on the material to find out what you need work on
Good luck on your finals!