Nobody likes an all day cleaning extravaganza, but if you don’t want your place to constantly look like a well lived-in bachelor pad, embracing some simple tidy habits may help in the long run. If consistently practiced, cleaning your apartment will be like a dream (not a nightmare)!
- Make the Bed – It doesn’t sound like much, and Mama always said to, but it can REALLY help your place look put together and tidy. And the best part is, this only takes about a minute to do.
- Put Clothes Away – Stop dropping them all over the floor as you change your clothes when you come home. Or if you’re like me, put away the 30 different articles of clothing you got out so you could decide what to wear. Nothing is messier looking than clothes littered around the apartment.
- Don’t Let the Dishes Stack Up – As miserable as it is to cook dinner and also have to clean up, it’s best to do this dishes immediately after you eat. Otherwise they will sit there and look nasty, stinking up your lovely apartment. If you have a dishwasher, you’ve got it easy. Otherwise, throw those gloves on and scrub. You’ll be glad when you don’t have to look at that mess the next morning.
- Lots of Nice Looking Baskets – Easily contain little messes in baskets. Stray cords and cables, mail, pens, doodads, knick knacks, thingamajigs – throw them in a basket.
- Clean Up as You Go – Taking care of little things as they happen relieves cleaning stress later. Wiping up coffee rings, throwing away excess paper or packaging from purchases, organizing a little here and there while you think of it. It all helps in the long run! Embrace these good habits!