If you have a craving for something Eastern, Tatu Sushi at 1702 W. University Ave, in Gainesville is a perfect place to have an amazing Asian meal. Whether you are in the mood for a light salad or a filling entrée, you will find it at Tatu Sushi. Tatu’s menu includes cucumber pasta, seaweed salad, pad-Thai, spicy seafood noodle soup, chicken teriyaki, salmon steak, sushi rolls, edamame and so much more, all nicely priced so you can have a delightful night out with a price that won’t break the bank. Open from 11 am to 10 pm Monday through Friday and 5 pm to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday. Stop by for a meal and a sake bomb at Tatu Sushi soon!
Check out more about Tatu Sushi here.
Witch hazel, a topical astringent that is made from the leaves, barks and twigs of the plant Hamamelis viginiana, may not be something that you have heard of. However, for something that has a spooky name, you’d be surprised to find that it serves many purposes that you’d find handy to have at home.
- Witch Hazel can be used to remove oil from the skin and shrinking those pores, giving you bright and fresh skin.
Bruises and blemishes
- Witch hazel has been known to treat blemishes by brightening the skin and bruises by reducing inflammation and discoloration.
Bleeding and cuts
- Applying witch hazel to minor cuts and scrapes helps stop bleeding as well as acts as a disinfectant.
- A great follow up for shaving, witch hazel stops bleeding from small cuts you may get from your razor as well as helping prevent razor burn.
- With these warm Florida days, this may be one of the most helpful tips. Adding a bit of witch hazel to Aloe Vera gel can help your skin heal as well as prevent your skin from pealing afterwards.
Stings and bug bites
- Rubbing a bit of witch hazel to bug bites or rashes from poison ivy helps ease pain and itching, perfect for those hikes and bike rides in the wooded areas of Gainesville.
Find more uses for Witch Hazel here.
If you’ve been looking for a way to help the community and give in the best way possible, then volunteering for a local organization is the perfect way to do so. Everyday dogs, cats, and other animals are abandoned and left to fend for themselves in the streets of Gainesville. Most of the animals who end up in pet shelters will end up being put down if they don’t get adopted in a set time or even if the pet shelter just doesn’t have room for them. One pet shelter in Gainesville is out to make sure that they help as many animals as possible in finding new homes. Animal People, Inc., a non-profit animal rescue organization, is committed to helping all animals, but especially the animals with extreme health issues that probably would have never found the help they need otherwise. Animal People, Inc. never euthanize their animals and they showcase their animals every week at PetsMart on Archer Road on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am to 5 pm to get as many of them adopted as possible. If you have a desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself and helping the animals that can’t speak for themselves, check out the Animal People, Inc. website to donate money or even volunteer your time.
Being in a college town, one thing that most every student runs on is coffee. Even if you are not a student, coffee keeps you running and ready for whatever challenges the day has in store for you. Know Where Coffee, located at 1226 W University Ave, offers a variety of coffees and teas that are perfect to get you started for a long day. Know Where Coffee is not just your average coffee shop… they truly put the “art” in Artisan coffee. Each of their coffees has their own special brewing process for superior taste development and flavor quality, and what a selection of coffees and teas they have. Their coffee blends include Brazil- Fazenda Santa Lucia, Colombia- San Sebastian, Costa Rica- Finca El Alto, and Ethiopia Borana Gelana Abaya while their tea blends include chia, chamomile, mango tango, jasmine petals, and chocolate peppermint. Open on Monday through Friday, 8 am to 7 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 4pm. Go ahead and leave your Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts at the door and head over to Know Where Coffee to get a taste that you will find nowhere else. Find out more about Know Where Coffee.